Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating shallow footing families, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Shallow footings are basically footings…but just not full depth.…Usually they're nothing more than thickened concrete…and interior masonry walls.…Normally, however, they have bevels on either side.…What we're going to do in this video…is create a line based family, then we're going to add…two separate bevels to either side and put visibility…parameters on them.…Then we'll add yes/no visibility parameters…to display them.…Let's get started.…Let's go to families, let's go to new,…let's scroll down until we find generic model line based…and let's click open.…
This entire family is going to be done, essentially,…in the left view.…Under elevations, let's go left.…The first thing we need to worry about is…how thick the slab is going to be.…Let's right click this reference plane…and let's create similar.…On the draw panel let's click on the pick lines button,…let's give it a six inch offset, that's generally…around the thickness of a slab.…I'm going to offset this ref level down six inches…I'm going to hit escape…On my measure panel I'm going to click…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.