Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating schedules, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Let's look at the power of BIM.…What I wanna do is create a schedule.…It's gonna be a VAV schedule,…so let's jump through and learn how to do that.…I'm gonna go to my view tab,…I'm gonna click my schedules dropdown…and I'm gonna select Schedules/Quantities.…Now I wanna scroll down to…where it says Mechanical Equipment,…I'm gonna select that,…and I'm gonna click OK.…Now we have available fields,…and then we have the fields that are gonna…actually be in our schedule.…
So, I wanna scroll down till I find mark,…that's our most important one,…and I'm gonna add that parameter.…I like to know what type it is,…so I'm gonna select type,…and I'm gonna add that.…I like to know what level it's on,…so I'm gonna scroll up and I'm gonna find level,…I'm gonna find that and I'm gonna add it.…I like manufacturer, so I'm gonna add that.…I'm gonna select comments,…and I'm gonna add that.…
And I guess for now I'm gonna keep it at that.…A lot of times I'll add more than I really need…when I'm building this from scratch,…and then I can remove what I decide I don't need later.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin19h 6m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.