Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating purlins, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- In the last several videos, we have basically done this,…but we're going to make it official.…By creating a profile, we're going to load this…into a line-based family, then we're going to…use it in a project set to a reference plane.…Let's go to Families, let's go to New.…I'm going to scroll down till I find Profile.…I'm going to click Open.…Now, I'm going to right-click on…this horizontal reference plane…and I'm going to Create Similar.…At my Draw panel, I'm going to use my Pick Lines button,…and I'm going to offset this four inches.…
I'm going to offset it up, and then down.…I'm going to hit Escape a couple of times.…Now I'm going to dimension it.…I'm going to do two equally constrained dimensions.…Then I'm going to dimension here to here.…Pick a point here.…Set it eight inches.…I'm going to select my eight-inch dimension.…Click my Label dropdown and select Add Parameter.…Now I'm going to call it "Height".…It's a Type Paramater. And I'm going to click OK.…Now I'm going to right-click here.…
I'm going to Create Similar.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.