Learn how to create new simple component families in Revit, that are properly set up to be parametric over time.
- [Instructor] Let's start…by creating a very simple component family…that will act as a placeholder for the busing station.…In some projects, especially projects with a lot…of equipment, it can be a good idea early on…to make generic placeholder families for…all the different kinds of equipment…that you can reuse over and over again.…Let's go to File, New, and then…when we hover over the arrow tab, we go down to Family.…If you are prompted to save the project, go ahead.…
Now, the first thing we need to decide,…although it can be changed later, is family category.…These are things like casework,…furniture, door, window,…and Revit approaches these families…in different ways depending on the category.…Since we don't have to reuse this placeholder family over…and over again like we might in some projects,…let's go ahead and choose the furniture category.…Then I'll give Revit a little bit more information about…how to treat this family once it's in our project.…
If you want to be more open-ended,…there is this generic model that can be useful.…
- Why model for VR in Revit?
- When to use VR and AR
- How to use your Revit model with VR and AR
- Making the most of Enscape
- Using IrisVR Prospect for multiuser virtualization
- Simple 3D shortcuts
- Efficiently applying materials to Revit projects
- Using RPC components in Revit
- VR modeling for Revit
Skill Level Intermediate
Unity 2017: Architectural Visualizationwith Scott Onstott2h 21m Intermediate
1. Why Model for VR in Revit?
2. How to Use Your Revit Model with VR and AR
3. Simple 3D Shortcuts for SD
4. Material Library and Editing
5. Higher LOD VR-Ready Modeling
6. VR Modeling for Revit
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.