Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating in-place structural stiffeners, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- There is a couple ways to create structural stiffeners.…One, is to make a family,…using this structural stiffener template.…When is the model in place?…Let's add the in place stiffener,…this one is going to be a gusset plate.…So what I want to do is open up a file I created,…called "Stiffeners",…or you can create a file of your own,…that kind of looks like this, just some framing.…So under projects, lets go to open.…Let's browse to where you are keeping your files,…let's find stiffeners, let's click open.…
Now what I want to do, let's go to our level one floor plan.…I want to create a bracing elevation.…So under view,…let's click the elevation drop down,…let's go to a framing elevation.…And notice for framing elevation,…I have to click either a reference plain,…or structural grid,…which in this case that is what we had.…I'm going to click on grid B.…Now I'm going to double click on my elevation 1A,…and I'm going to open it up.…
I'm going to set my detail level to fine,…and I'm going to go ahead and grab my crap region,…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.