Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting a visibility contingency, part of Architectural Families in Revit.
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do now…is make a parameter that shows a center support…if this increases seven feet in width.…Also, I'd like to create a shelf up here…and put that on a visibility parameter.…So let's get started by creating a center support.…So in my Project Browser,…I'm gonna go to Front Elevation.…Now I'm going to go to the Create Tab,…and I'm gonna click on Sweep.…I'm gonna click on Sketch Path.…Now, I'm gonna go from here…all the way down to here.…
Now I'm gonna hit Escape a couple of times.…I'm gonna type A + L for align,…I'm gonna align my top.…Now I'm going to align my bottom.…Excellent.…Let's go down to our Ref. Level floor plan.…Let's click on our green Finish Edit Mode button,…and let's click on Edit Profile.…Now I am gonna zoom in here.…On my Drop Panel, I'm gonna Pick Lines,…and I'm gonna offset one half inch.…
I'm gonna go to the left, then to the right.…I'm gonna set my offset to zero.…I'm gonna go here and here.…Type T + R for trim,…trim this all out.…I'm gonna offset the inside one sixteenth of an inch.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.