Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating parametric arrays, part of Architectural Families in Revit.
- [Voiceover] Okay, we've done a lot of work.…What we've done is, we've brought a family…into a family and we've actually linked…the associated parameters together.…And we've also come up with quite a few…parameters and formulas to make this thing…array correctly.…Okay, this is gonna be a big test.…I'm gonna open up my shelving unit parametric model.…And the first thing I'm gonna do is…I'm gonna go up to my front elevation.…I want to array my shelves, so I'm gonna select my shelf…and I'm gonna click on the Array button, right here.…
Now, I'm gonna pick a point right about here…along this reference plane and I'm gonna…come up about eight inches.…And I'm gonna hit Escape a couple of times.…Now I wanna click on Aligned Dimension…and I'm gonna dimension from here…to the bottom of my shelf.…I'm gonna pick a point, like right here,…and I'm gonna hit Escape a few times.…Now I'm gonna select that dimension…and I'm gonna hit my Label drop-down,…and that's gonna be Shelf Spacing.…Notice that it moves that up into the right spot, perfect.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.