Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating parameters, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Parameters are obviously the driving force…behind a Parametric Family.…When we're modeling a Family, we want to give the individual…using that Family some choices.…These choices can be Dimensions, materials,…yes/no buttons, and an entire array of other options.…Also, Parameters can tell other Parameters what to do…based on mathematical formulas.…Basically, telling the Family that if this condition occurs,…then I want this to happen.…It's pretty sweet.…What I'd like to do is look at some Parameters…so we're going to add some Reference Planes,…some Dimensions, add some Parameters,…and flex the model.…
So let's jump into Revit and under Families,…let's click on New.…Let's scroll down and find our Generic Model, and select it.…Now let's add some Reference Planes.…I'm going to right click on this Reference Plane,…and I'm going to Create Similar.…On my Draw panel, I'm going to use my Pick Lines button.…I'm going to Offset it a foot.…One to the left,…one to the right,…one above,…one below.…Now I'll hit Esc a couple of times.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.