Parameters are obviously the driving force behind a parametric family. Also, parameters can tell other parameters what to do based on mathematical formulas.
- [Instructor] Parameters are obviously the driving force … behind a parametric family. … When we're modeling a family, … we want to give the individual … using that family some choices. … These choices can be dimensions, … materials, yes, no buttons … and an entire array of other options. … Also, parameters can tell … other parameters what to do based on mathematical formulas, … essentially telling the family that … if this condition occurs, … then I want that to happen … it's pretty sweet. … So let's jump in the Revit. … Open up a family with some predefined dimensions … and add some parameters to it. … So in Revit, under families, that's click Open. … Browse where you're keeping your exercise files … and I'm going to grab My Creating Parameters that rfa file … and click Open. … Just so happens that the default view … is our front view … cause that's the last view we had open. … It's okay. … And the project browser … under Views all floor plans. … Let's double click on a Ref Level. …
- Creating parameters
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Modeling trenches
- Adding framing
- Creating joist bridging details
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.