Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a new family from a template, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
Ok. So let's get started creating our first piece of Revit family content. …It all starts with the choice of template, so that will be the first thing we are going …to look at here in this movie. …I don't have any files open onscreen; …I'm just looking at the Revit Recent Files screen. And we have two ways we can create our new family: …we can do it down here in the Families area of the Recent Files screen, or you can use …the big R, the Application menu, highlight New, and choose Family. …So you either choose it there or you click this New link right here; either one will …get you to the same place.…
In both cases you will be in the New Family - Select Template File dialog, and the easiest …way to understand what we've got here is to select the first item and then use the arrow …keys on your keyboard to kind of quickly page through several of these items. …And you'll notice over on the Preview there on the right, there is a lot of difference …between each one of these family templates, so there's several things going on here. …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.