Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating lintel if parameters, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Not every Lintel is the same.…Many Lintels are similar though.…In the dark days of AutoCAD we used to…keep redrawing these things…and have separate blocks for each imaginable configuration.…Not in Revit.…This video will focus on opening a Lintel we previously made…but this time we'll make some enhancements…using an if statement invisibility parameter.…Then we're going to test it out on a project.…So to get started, under Families let's go to Open…and let's scroll to where we're keeping our exercise files.…Let's open that Lintel family.…
What I'd like to do is create a plate here…but I want to add a parameter.…So let's go to Properties.…Let's go to our Family Types button…and what I want to do is actually add…a second plate thickness parameter.…And you'll see why we're going to do that in a minute.…So under parameters let's click Add.…We're going to keep that a Type parameter…and we're going to click OK.…It seems redundant but bear with me.…Click Apply.…Let's click OK.…Now, let's go to our Ref Level floor plan.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.