Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating line-based trusses, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Using the trust bars we had earlier,…we're going to make a line-based family,…arraying these trust bars up it.…Let's scroll down to Generic Model line based.…Let's click Open.…Let's create a Sweep.…We're going to Sketch Path.…And I'll type s+i for snap intersection,…s+i for snap intersection.…And I'm going to hit Escape.…Let's click Finish Edit Mode.…Let's go to our left elevation.…Let's click on Edit Profile.…
Now let's add some reference planes.…Go to the Create tab, click Reference Plane.…On the Draw panel click Pick Lines.…Let's offset one foot, six inches.…To the left, and to the right.…Let's click the Measure.…Let's put some equal dimensions in here.…Now we'll overall measure it.…Add a label to that three foot dimension.…
Call it "width".…It's going to be an Instance parameter.…Click OK.…Let's create another reference plane…by right-clicking on this, Create Similar.…Use your Pick Lines button.…Let's offset this three feet.…I'll go up three feet.…The Measure panel, we'll click Align Dimension.…Click to here to here.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.