Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a lighting circuit, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- We created a receptacle circuit…for the receptacles in our rooms.…Now I'd like to create a lighting circuit.…In my project browser, I'm gonna go to Lighting,…Ceiling plans, and I'm gonna go down to Level One.…Now, I wanna tag my spaces.…Remember, we have all of our spaces in here.…We don't have to keep tagging them in different views.…What I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go ahead…and I'm gonna gonna go to annotate.…I'm gonna click tag all.…I'm gonna scroll down…till I find space tags,…I'm gonna click apply.…
And I'm gonna click OK.…And of course, some of these might have to move…out of the way a little bit, but you get the picture.…Now I know I have some lights in here,…so I'm gonna select this space,…and it's still space seven,…so I'm gonna select space seven,…and I'm gonna come down here,…and I'm want to make sure…that it's named correctly.…The number is 1003,…and the name is Exam.…I'm gonna click apply.…
Reception 102, I'm gonna select that tag,…click my leader button,…and I'm gonna click on this little move button.…I'm gonna drag this out of the way.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin19h 19m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.