Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and labeling a wiring plan, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Let's create some wiring.…There's a couple ways we can do it.…We can do it automatically and we can do it manually.…But there's a couple things about…wires that I wanna show ya.…What I'd like to do is I'm gonna go down now to my power,…level one floor plan.…I'm gonna zoom into here...…And hey! Guess what? We have lighting fixtures.…I don't want to see those.…So I'mm type V G.…I'm gonna scroll down until we find lighting fixtures.…I'm gonna un-check that.…I don't want to see any lighting devices either,…so I'm gonna un-check that.…
I'm gonna click apply.…I'm gonna click okay.…Now what I'm gonna do is,…I'm gonna hover over this receptacle.…I'm gonna hit my tab key and now I'm gonna select it.…Now what we're gonna see is,…we get these two icons right here.…We can either do a chamfered wire…or we can do an arc styled wire.…I'm gonna click on the arc style.…Now I'm gonna hit escape a couple times.…And it's gonna wire it in.…And it's gonna home run my last one for me.…Now once I get this in, I can kinda bend this up…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin12h 25m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.