Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating joist bridging annotations, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- What I like about Revit is the fact…you can model 3D items in a 2D environment.…What I mean by that is, in a family,…we can simultaneously add 2D graphics…while underlying true 3D objects.…This video will have us modeling an annotation symbol.…Then, we'll create a line based family…and add it to a model…So, to get started, let's jump into Revit.…Under Families, let's go New.…Let's go to the Annotations folder.…Let's find Generic Annotation.…
And let's click Open.…Now, in a generic annotation, they always…give you a little bit of text, to give you a hand.…Obviously, the insert point is this point right here.…So, let's go ahead and select that note,…and let's hit Delete.…Now, we're going to make a little yin-yang type symbol.…So, let's go to the Create tab.…Let's go to Line.…And I'm going to go to Circle.…Now, a generic annotation is annotative,…which means that the size in which we draw it…is actually one to one.…
So, we want this to actually be 3/32 of an inch.…So, I'm going to draw a circle with a radius…of 3/32 of an inch.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.