Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating joist bridging 3D elements, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Ever have an awesome structural model…where you think you've modeled everything…and you still get calls from the field…because they can't run their duct…between your miscellaneous metals?…The objective of this video is to grab…a pre-modeled line based family…that's really only 2D and add…some 3D elements to it.…Under Families, notice you can open…your Bridging family here,…or if you don't see it here,…let's go to Open.…Let's browse to where we're keeping…our exercise files.…Let's grab our bridging model.…Let's click Open.…The first thing I'd like to do…is create a sweep.…
Under Forms, let's click the Sweep button.…On the Sweep panel, let's click…on Sketch Path.…Let's type si for snap intersection.…Let's type si for snap intersection.…Then we have ourselves a line.…Now let's finish the edit mode…for this sketch line.…Let's go to our left elevation.…Now let's click Edit Profile.…
I'm going to pan down a little bit.…Let's create some reference planes.…Let's go to the Create tab.…Let's click on Reference Plane.…On our Draw panel, let's click…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.