Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating hardware, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Okay, I'd like to make some door hardware.…We're pretty much gonna make a doorknob.…We're gonna put it on both sides…of our door, and we're gonna look at…how we can center it on our side mullion.…Let's start with creating a new family.…So, let's go Families.…Let's go New.…I like to use Generic Model face based here.…So, I'm gonna go Generic Model face based.…I'm gonna click on Open.…Now, the first thing I'm gonna do…is I'm gonna go to my Front Elevation.…I'm gonna make a reference plane,…so I'm gonna right click on this reference plane.…I'm gonna Create Similar.…On my Draw panel, I'm gonna click on my Pick Lines button.…
I'm gonna offset this one inch, so straight up an inch.…I'm gonna dimension it.…I stuck to one inch.…For my label I'm gonna Add Parameter.…I'll call it Plate Size.…I'm gonna hit OK.…I'm gonna right click, and I'm gonna Create Similar.…I'm gonna offset this one two inches.…Dimension that.…I'm gonna select it.…I'm gonna go to Label, Add Parameter.…I'm gonna call this Stem Size.…I'm gonna hit OK.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.