Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a glass panel, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Okay let's add a glass panel to the door,…in order to do it though,…we're going to have to do some surgery…on the existing frame that's here.…I'm going to get started…by jumping into my Door-Glass Family…that I got from Chapter two.…The first thing I'd like to do…is go to my Floor Plans, Ref. Level,…now we need some Reference Planes.…I'm going to right click on this Reference Plane here…and I'm going to click on Create Similar.…On my Draw panel I'll click Pick Lines,…I'm going to offset that 1.5 inches.…I'll bet you can guess the parameter this is going to go on.…
I'm going to offset straight down…and I'm going to grab the Grip…and just stretch it out a little bit on both sides.…I'm going to hit Escape,…I'm going to click on my Aligned Dimension button,…I'm going to Dimension from this Reference Plane…to this Reference Plane, I'll put it over here,…select my inch and a 1/2 Dimension,…I'm going to add Door-Thickness.…Now I'm going to offset another Reference Plane…so I'm going to select any one of these Reference Planes,…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.