Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating generic annotations, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Sometimes we need symbols that are…just that, symbols,…nothing 3D about them.…This video's objective is to create a simple annotation…and drive in to a model.…And we're going to add what's called a Not parameter.…The Not parameter, we're going to associate with…two visibility parameters that we're going to create.…So under Families, let's go New.…Let's go to our Annotations folder,…let's find Generic Annotation.…I'm going to select my little text box and hit delete,…we don't want to see that.…
Now let's draw some lines.…On the create tab, I'm going to pick my Line button.…On my Draw panel, I'm going to use my Pick Lines…and I'm going to give it an Offset of 1/16" of an inch.…We don't need reference plains because remember,…Annotations will scale up or down…with the scale of the view.…I'm going to zoom in pretty close,…I'm going to go to the left, to the right,…up, then down,…and hit escape a couple times,…zoom in a little closer.…I'm going to type t r for trim,…and I'm going to trim these lines out just like that.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.