Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating floor plans, part of Revit 2017: Essential Training for MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] Now that we have some power floor plans made,…it'd be nice if we could come in…and make some more lighting floor plans.…We kind of ignored it, and we don't have…any power ceiling plans or lighting ceiling plans.…So let's go ahead and do that.…I want to create some more ceiling plans,…and then what we're going to do,…is we're going to duplicate these levels…and we're going to create lighting plans out of them.…I'm going to go to my View tab.…I'm going to go to Plan Views.…Now I'm going to go to Reflected Ceiling Plan.…
There are my missing plans again.…I'm not going to grab one for roof,…because obviously we don't have a ceiling plan for the roof.…So I'm going to grab level three, four, and five,…and I'm going to hit OK.…Now, View Discipline, for some reason…the coordination shows up,…and now we get three question marks that show up.…When I drill into here,…I'm going to drill into Ceiling Plans.…Notice that it says Level 3, 4, and 5.…I'm going to make these lighted ceiling plans,…so what I want to do is…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin8h 3m Appropriate for all
Fire-Alarm Systems Design with Revitwith Eric Wing1h 22m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.