Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating extrusions, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- This is the first 3D shape we will do…because it's the most common: a simple extrusion.…Of course, (laughing) I can't let you just extrude away…without reference planes and parameters, now can I?…Under Families, let's go New,…let's scroll down to Generic Model.…Let's hit Open.…Let's create some reference planes,…so let's right-click on this reference plane here,…let's Create Similar.…On my Draw panel, I'm going to use my Pick Lines button.…I'm going to offset these one foot.…
Left and right, up and down.…I'm going to hit escape.…On my Quick Access toolbar,…I'm going to click Aligned Dimension.…I'm going to equally dimension these two.…I'm going to hit my EQ button.…I'm going to add a main dimension right here, two feet.…Hit escape.…Go to Aligned Dimension again,…let's do the same for our horizontal ones.…Click EQ,…overall dimension,…two feet.…
Let's hit escape a couple times.…Now, I'm going to select this two foot dimension,…I'm going to give it a label,…I'm going to Add Parameter,…I'm going to call that "Length."…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.