Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a door jamb, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] The first thing I'm gonna do…is jump into my Door-Jamb model.…The second thing we need to do…is create a bunch of parameters.…So I'm gonna come up to my Family Types button,…and what I like to do is come down to the bottom…to click on New Parameter.…Now, I'm gonna be a little more careful…on how I group and label my parameters…'cause it's gonna be so many in here.…It's gonna get confusing.…So, anything that's associated with jamb.…My name is gonna start with Jamb.…Imma put in a hyphen and show you why this is a problem,…but we can get around it.…So Imma type in Jamb-Thickness.…
That's gonna be the actual thickness of my jamb wood.…I'm gonna group it under General.…Now, I'm gonna hit okay.…For thickness I'm gonna go 3/4"…'cause that's generally what the jamb is gonna be.…Let's create another one.…Click on New Parameter.…Imma call it Jamb-Shim Space.…I'm gonna group this under General.…I'm gonna click OK.…Now my jamb shim space,…I'll make that 1/2".…Now, I wanna put some formulas in here.…But this little hyphen is gonna cause an issue.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.