Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a detail callout, part of Revit Architecture 2013 Essential Training.
In this and the next few movies we are going to look at the detailing process in Revit. …Details are an integral part of any architectural documentation package; …however, one of the challenges of working in building information modeling and software …like Revit is there's this temptation to over model everything. …In other words, it's theoretically possible to add items like flashing and fasteners and …bolts and screws directly to your model; …however, typically such items would only show in large-scale views, and in smaller-scale …views they'd actually kind of get in the way.…
So we want to resist the temptation to model such elements. …There is little payoff in modeling them and you often pay a high price in diminished computer performance. …For such items we continue to rely on traditional detail drawings. …This has always been the case in architectural communication. …Revit offers a full compliment of tools to facilitate the detailing process and does …so in a way that maximizes the potential of both the live 3D model and the large-scale …
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Introducing building information modeling (BIM)
- Adding levels, grids, and columns to set up a project
- Creating building layouts with walls, doors, and windows
- Modifying wall types and properties
- Working with DWG files and CAD inserts
- Adding rooms
- Adding curtain grids, mullions, and panels
- Using cutaway views
- Generating schedules and tags
- Adding callouts such as text and symbols
- Understanding families
- Outputting files, including DWF and PDF files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Core Concepts
2. Getting Comfortable with the Revit Environment
3. Starting a Project
4. Modeling Basics
5. Links, Imports, and Groups
6. Sketch-Based Modeling Components
7. Complex Walls
8. Visibility and Graphic Controls
10. Schedules and Tags
11. Annotation and Details
12. The Basics of Families
13. Sheets, Plotting, and Publishing
Next steps2m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.