Join Paul F. Aubin for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a custom material, part of Revit Architecture: Advanced Modeling.
In this movie, we're going to look at another approach that we can take to…adding custom artwork to the surfaces of our model.…In our Graffiti Gallery, we have that large, massive wall that we created…that was created from some freeform massing components, and it curves in…multiple directions.…You can't use the Decal feature on something that's double-curving.…If we wanted to add a decal to the turret here on the townhouse, that would work…just fine, but if it's curving in two directions at the same time, then the…Decal feature doesn't work.…
But it turns out that we can create a custom material instead and achieve…basically the same result.…It just takes a little bit more effort to set it up.…So let me show you the process here. And I'm going to go down to my 3D Views.…I'm in the file called SAMOCA_V6. And I have a couple 3D Views of the Graffiti…Gallery. And I'm going to open up this one right here, which is a nice…axonometric, double-click that.…And what I've done here is I've cropped everything away using a section box, and…
AuthorPaul F. Aubin
- Understanding some different approaches to modeling
- Building an in-place mass
- Creating and manipulating massing forms
- Using X-Ray and Dissolve
- Performing an energy analysis
- Applying geometry to surfaces
- Configuring divided surfaces
- Nesting massing families
- Stitching borders with adaptive components
- Working with lofting techniques
- Adding dormers and soffits
- Choosing a wall modeling strategy
- Working with curtain walls
- Building custom stairs
- Creating a custom material
Skill Level Intermediate
Revit Architecture 2012: Renderingwith Paul F. Aubin4h 26m Intermediate
Revit Architecture: The Family Editorwith Paul F. Aubin6h 40m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with the Massing Environment
2. Using Massing to Design Building Forms
3. Rationalizing Massing Forms
4. Using Massing to Create Unique Forms
5. Refining Building Maker Elements
6. Choosing Wall Modeling Strategies
7. Working with Curtain Walls
8. Applying Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.