Custom area schemes can be created for generating alternate area calculations. Each area scheme is isolated from all others giving you the flexibility to create alternate measurements whenever design needs dictate.
- [Narrator] In this video I want to talk…about custom areas schemes.…Up until now we've talked about the two built-in schemes,…gross and rentable and you may have therefore assumed…that those were the only two that were available.…But, it turns out you can actually create…your own custom schemes for any purpose you like.…So, I'm going to show you a couple quick examples…here in this video.…Now, let's say the tenant here on the third floor…is considering expanding into that unoccupied space…on the right and we want to give them the area calculation…for their new space so that they can make some decisions…about whether or not that's the direction they want to go in.…
Well, you could modify this existing area plan…to give them that calculation but then you'd have…to kind of change it back again if they change their mind…or it might be better to actually have the existing version…and then a couple alternate versions as possibilities.…So, to do that, you just simply create other area schemes.…Now, elsewhere in Revit if you want to do the…
In this course, Paul F. Aubin explores the creation of area plans and areas, and discusses the workflow that enables them. Using these tools, see how you can group and quantify the spaces within a project, and create detailed and accurate calculations of all important areas. The resulting information can be presented graphically onscreen, printed, scheduled, reported, and exported as necessary to satisfy a variety of project stakeholders—those using Revit and those who don't. If you have found it difficult to capture the intricacies of area calculations in your Revit projects—or have only tried to do so using the room elements—then you owe it to yourself to give area elements a try.
- Getting started with area schemes
- Overview of the area scheme toolset
- Creating a Gross Building area calculation
- Calculating Rentable areas in a commercial building
- Creating Rentable area plans
- Customizing areas and area schemes
- Understanding area rules
- Non-traditional uses for area plans