Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a crown moulding profile, part of Architectural Families in Revit.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- [Voiceover] One last profile we should make…is a crown molding.…Probably the more difficult of all of 'em,…but we can do it.…Under families, let's go new.…Of course we're gonna find profile hosted.…Let's click open.…Now here's what I wanna do.…This is gonna be, say our ceiling…and this will be our wall.…I'm gonna right-click on this reference plane…and I'm gonna create similar.…On my Draw panel I'll use my pick lines,…let's go 4 inches, let's go to the right,…now let's go down, awesome.…
Hit escape a few times, let's dimension these out.…So click aligned dimension, strong to weak,…strong to weak. Now what I wanna do…is select this forms dimension,…let's add a parameter.…This will be depth, and we'll hit okay.…This dimension here, add a parameter of heighth…and hit okay, beautiful.…Now here's what I wanna do.…Let's start drawing our profile.…On the create tab let's go to line,…on the draw panel let's pick lines,…but before I do make sure lock is turned on.…
So I'm gonna pick here, here, here and here,…then I'm gonna hit escape.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.