Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating cross bracing, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- So, more miscellaneous metals.…Do you model them, or not?…Well, if you're not worried about other trades…clashing with your stuff, don't bother.…But, if you'd like to build a robust library…of small, but important items,…such as cross-bracing, follow along.…To get started let's go to Families,…let's go to New.…Let's find Generic Model…and let's click Open.…Let's create a couple reference planes.…I'm going to right click on my middle reference plane…and I'm going to Create Similar.…On my Draw panel I'm going to click on Pick Lines…and I'm going to offset two feet.…
I'm going to go to the left, then the right.…I'm going to hit Escape.…Now I'm going to dimension them…by clicking Align Dimension.…And I'm going to put two equal dimensions…in first.…Now I'm going to click on the outside reference planes.…I'm going to select my four foot dimension…and I'm going to add a parameter.…I'm going to make that an Instance parameter…and I'm going to click Okay.…
Now let's go to our Front Elevation.…Take Z-A to Zoom All.…I'm going to right click on one of these reference planes…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.