Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating conduit types, part of Revit 2017 Essential Training: MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] We drew some conduit…but we had no idea what kind of conduit.…We just kind of put it in, and we drew it off of a panel.…We don't have to do either of those things.…What I want to do is…investigate our conduit types.…I'm gonna go down my Power Level 1 plan.…Now, what I want to do is…I'm gonna zoom in on my conduit.…But I'm gonna take a look at…what kind of conduit is available.…So, I'm gonna click on the insert tab.…I'm gonna click on Load Family.…Notice that we have a whole category of conduit right here.…
So I'm gonna double click on Conduit.…I'm gonna go to Fittings.…I'm gonna go to RNC.…If we look down through there,…there's a bunch of PVC fittings that we can bring in.…I know we have a few PVC fittings in our model.…So what I want to do is…I want to create a PVC conduit system.…We don't need to bring any of this in.…So I'm gonna click Cancel.…I'm gonna select a piece of conduit here.…I'm just gonna click Copy, and I'm gonna copy it over.…
I'm gonna hit Escape.…I'm gonna select this piece of conduit.…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin12h 31m Appropriate for all
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.