Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating concrete bevels, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- Sometimes we need the top of our walls…to have a little forty-five degree bevel.…Let's make a family that does that.…In this video, we'll be creating a profile family.…Then we'll add it to a foundation wall.…From there, we'll sweep it vertically,…and horizontally.…We're also going to add an if statement…to make it change sizes.…So let's get started.…Under Families, let's click New.…I want to scroll down to Profile-Reveal,…and I want to click Open.…What I want to do now is make some reference planes.…
So I'm going to right-click on this reference plane here,…and I'm going to Create Similar.…On my Draw panel,…I'm going to click on the Pick Lines button,…I'm going to give it an offset of 3/4".…I'm going to offset it left,…then right,…then up,…and then down.…And I'm going to hit escape a couple of times.…Now on my Measure panel,…I'm going to click Aligned Dimension.…I'm going to go here,…to here,…to here,…and I'm going to click off of it here.…Now I want to click EQ.…Now I'm going to select here to here,…and I'm going to pick a point here.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.