Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating column tags, part of Revit: Structural Families.
- We're going to modify an existing tag…and force it to be at a 45 degree angle.…The problem is…we can only have one direction,…so we're going to make four different rotation angles…and put them on Yes/No Visibility Parameters.…So to get started, let's go to projects.…Let's go to structural template.…Let's go to the Structure tab…and let's pop a column in.…Just put it anywhere.…Hit Escape.…Now, on the Quick-Access Tool Bar,…let's click on the Tag by Category button.…Let's uncheck Liter.…
Let's just select our column.…So I am going to select W10X49.…I am just going to move it out of the way.…I am going to click on Edit Family.…Now I am going to select my tag.…I am going to click Edit Type.…Of course my width factor was to be .8.…Hit Apply and hit OK.…Now what I am going to do…is I am going to rotate this.…So I am going to click on my Rotate button.…I am going to pick a point at 0 degrees.…
I am going to swing it around…and pick a point at 45 degrees.…Here's a little wide,…so I am just going to skinny it up a little bit.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.