In this video, learn how to modify an existing tag and force it to be at a 45-degree angle. The problem is, you can only have one direction, so you're going to make four different rotation angles and put them on Yes/No visibility parameters.
- [Instructor] In this video, I'd like to modify … an existing column tag and force it to be … at 45 degree angle. … The problem with the one in revit now … is we can only have one direction. … Based on a glaring deficiency in the software. … We're going to have to make four different rotation angles … and put them on yes no visibility parameters. … To get started, let's go to models, let's go to new. … Let's select Imperial structural template. … Let's click okay, … let's go to the structure tab, let's click column. … Let's drop a column and hit escape a few times. … Okay, let's click the tag button … on the quick access toolbar. … I'll keep leader turned off. … We're going to have to make our own leader anyway. … So we're just going to pick a point right here. … Okay, you can click this … and kind of move it on out of the way. … Let's click edit family. … Select this tag, let's pull in the extends a little bit. … What I want to do is rotate it, click on the rotate button. … Let's rotate this at 45 degrees, …
- Creating parameters
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Modeling trenches
- Adding framing
- Creating joist bridging details
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.