Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a circuit, part of Revit 2017: Essential Training for MEP (Metric).
- [Voiceover] It's time to create some circuits.…Since we have a panel in there…and we have receptacles in there,…it stands to reason we can complete a circuit.…In my project browser,…I'm gonna scroll down to Power, Floor Plans, Level 1.…Now I'm gonna scroll down to Office 101.…I'm gonna select the space,…and I see that it's Spaces Space Office 101,…so I know I'm good to make the circuit.…So what I want to do is I'm gonna go ahead and select…one of my receptacles.…
Notice that I can come over here and create a power system.…So I'm gonna click on Power,…and we're gonna create a power circuit.…Now, for the panel, I'm gonna click the drop-down,…I gonna grab PP-1, power panel one.…Now I need to edit the circuit,…so I'm gonna click on Edit Circuit.…I'm gonna click Add to Circuit.…Now I can add whatever I want to that circuit.…Once I'm done selecting these,…I'm gonna go to my load name.…
Look at that, it says Receptacle Office 101…because it knows the room that the receptacles are in.…I just want to get rid of the word receptacle,…
- Fire protection
- General MEP workflows and trade coordination
You can dive into a specific trade, or take the entire course to learn about all aspects of the vast Revit MEP ecosystem. Upon completion, you'll know how to create basic floor plans, design electric circuits and lighting systems, model air intake and exhaust systems, create plumbing plans, and design fire alarm and sprinkler systems, and document your designs for construction and fabrication.
- Touring the Revit interface
- Linking to other models
- Creating floor plans
- Adding electrical panels, circuits, lighting, switches, conduit, and cables
- Creating a mechanical project
- Adding air terminals and ducting
- Sizing and tagging ducts
- Creating a plumbing view
- Adding supply piping and sanitary piping
- Creating fire protection fire alarm systems
- Adding sprinklers
- Importing CAD models in Revit 2017
- Working with text and dimensions
- Modeling fabrication parts
Skill Level Beginner
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
Revit: Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshootingwith Paul F. Aubin8h 53m Appropriate for all
Fire-Alarm Systems Design with Revitwith Eric Wing1h 22m Intermediate
1. Starting a Revit Project
2. Revit Electrical
3. Revit Mechanical
4. Revit Plumbing
5. Revit Fire Protection
6. Revit Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.