Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a chair rail profile, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] The next family I'd like to do…is going to be a profile again,…but it's going to be a chair rail this time.…It's going to be similar to how we did the cove,…but what's gonna happen here is…there's going to be a lot of additional dimensions…that we're going to have to lock down.…So under families, let's go new…let's profile hosted and let's click open.…Now I'm going to zoom in here…and I'm going to make some new reference planes.…But this time I want our profile to be centered on this.…Picture this is our wall.…And picture this as the center of our chair rail.…
So I'm going to right-click on a reference plane…and I'm going to create similar.…On my draw panel I'm going to click on the pick lines button…and my offset will be two inches.…I'm going to offset up and I'm going to offset down…and I'm going to hit escape a couple of times.…Now what I want to do, is I want to immediately…put an aligned dimension in here…but we're going to equally dimension these.…So if I click on my align dimension button…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.