In this video, Chante' Bright shows you how to create trendy ceiling pieces such as clouds and canopies.
- [Narrator] Besides putting in balcades…and just regular ceilings such as tile ceilings…or gypboard ceilings, you can also put in other…pieces such as clouds or canopies,…those are new and exciting and people like to use them…in a lot of different spaces nowadays,…as opposed to putting in whole systems.…Those are actually pretty simple to put in as well,…it's just simply you sketching out the shape…and then showing it in some type of detail later on,…how it's going to be installed into the ceiling.…These easy way to do that, is of course,…is go back to Ceiling itself.…
Most of these canopies or sound pieces or clouds…are usually some type of grid system that's being hung,…and you can get 'em in kits and place them into the ceiling.…So we're going to use one of the tile-type ceilings,…so I'm going to go to my two by two ACT system,…but then I'm also going to go to Sketch Ceiling.…And inside of here, I can put that in…any way that I want, and they have…just about any shape that you can get nowadays:…circular, oval, triangle, trapezoid, however you want.…
- Setting up your project
- Creating views
- Modeling walls
- Using and modifying storefronts
- Creating wall legends with components
- Modeling ceilings
- Adding doors and openings
- Adding details such as millwork and floors
- Creating custom schedules
Skill Level Intermediate
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Revit and Dynamo for Interior Designwith William Carney4h 57m Intermediate
Initial steps1m 28s
1. Workspace Setup
2. Modeling Walls
3. Wall Legends
4. Modeling Ceilings
5. Finishing the Space
6. Final Thoughts
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.