Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating bracket standards, part of Architectural Families in Revit.
- [Voiceover] Okay, now in this video,…what I wanna do is, I wanna grab my shelf and my bracket,…we're gonna bring it into a new family.…We're gonna create a bunch of parameters.…So let's get started by going to families,…let's go to new,…I'm gonna scroll down till I find generic model,…I'm gonna select it,…and I'm gonna click open.…Now I'm gonna right-click on my reference plane…and I'm gonna create similar.…On my draw panel,…I'm gonna use my pick lines button,…I'm gonna give it an offset of two feet,…to the left, and then to the right.…
Now I'm gonna give it an offset of one foot,…and I'm gonna offset it one foot down,…very similar to the shelf.…Now I'm gonna click on aligned dimension,…I'm gonna dimension these three reference planes,…and I'm gonna equally constrain 'em,…I'm gonna give an overall dimension,…I'm gonna select it,…on my label dropdown I'm gonna add parameter,…I'm gonna call it width.…This is going to be an instance parameter,…as well as the rest of the parameters we use here.…I'm gonna group the parameter under dimensions,…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecturewith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.