Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a box, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] Okay, I'd like to make a wall cabinet.…I know, there's a lot of wall cabinets out there,…and a lot of manufacturers have them readily available.…However, I don't really care for the way they're modeled.…See, I like to model them a lot closer to how they…actually get manufactured, without going overboard.…Let's do that.…To get started, let's go to families,let's go to new.…This type of family I'd like to start with is going to…be a generic model, wall based, and we're going to hit open.…Now, the first thing I'm going to do is…on the create tab, I'm going to click on my family…category and parameters button.…
I'm going to scroll up and I'm going to make this casework.…I'm going to click okay.…Notice we have a placement side, and basically a backside.…We're going to be working on the placement side a lot.…Let's go to create, reference plan.…On my draw panel, I want to click on my pick lines button.…I want to give it a one foot offset.…I'm going to offset it in one foot.…I'm going to hit escape a few times.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 17m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.