Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a bolt, part of Structural Families in Revit.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- So let's make a bolt.…It seems simple, doesn't it?…So by creating a circumscribed polygon,…we'll need to write some weird formulas to calculate…the sine and cosine of the tangency of the circle.…We can create formulas that do just that.…So to get started, let's jump into Revit.…Under Families, let's go New.…Let's scroll down until we find Generic Model Face Based.…Let's click Open.…The first thing I'm going to do is create…two reference planes above and below this horizontal…reference plane.…
So let's select the reference plane,…right click, Create Similar.…On our Draw panel, let's click our Pick Lines button.…Let's go ahead and Offset 1", and hit enter.…Scroll up, let's go down, hit Escape.…Now let's click the Align Dimension button…and equally constrain these reference planes.…Let's put another dimension on it outside.…
Let's select that 2" and for a label,…I'm going to call this simply B.…I'm going to hit OK.…Now let's go to our Front elevation.…I'm going to right click on this reference plane.…We're going to Create Similar.…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.