Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating blends, part of Structural Families in Revit.
- Blends work well when you need to fuse…two different types of geometry together.…If you have a shape with a rectangle on one side…and a circle on the other,…this type of extrusion is wonderful.…So, this video will have us creating a blended extrusion.…Under "Families", let's go "New".…Let's scroll down until we find "Generic Model".…Now, what I'd like to do is go to the "Front" elevation.…Let's "zoom all".…Let's create a Reference Plane.…
On our "Draw" panel, use your "Pick Lines" button.…Let's give it an offset of four feet.…Hit "esc" a couple times.…On the "Measure" panel, click the drop-down,…and let's select "Aligned Dimension".…Starting from our strong reference;…ending at our weaker reference.…Let's put a dimension in.…Let's select a dimension,…give it a label of "Height",…and let's click "OK".…
Let's select the Upper Reference Plane.…Let's call it "Top"…Let's click "Apply".…Excellent.…Now, let's go to our Ref Level Floor Plan.…I don't want to add anymore Reference Plane.…I want to add these new Reference Planes…
Following an overview of the basics, Eric provides specific instructions on modeling different types of families: foundation, framing, annotation, and truss families. He'll show how to perform 3D extrusions and build in flexibility with parameters, as well as create formulas, array parameters, and lookup tables.
- Understanding parameters and reference planes
- Creating extrusions and sweeps
- Cutting voids
- Building stepped-footing and other foundation families
- Creating columns
- Adding framing
- Working with metals
- Creating tags and annotations
- Printing sheets
- Creating trusses
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 57m Intermediate
Revit Structure 2016 Essential Trainingwith Eric Wing2h 44m Beginner
1. Basic Families
2. Foundation Families
3. Framing and Metals
4. Detailing and Annotations
5. Sheets and Printing
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.