Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a baseboard profile, part of Revit: Architectural Families.
- [Voiceover] In this video, I'd like to do another profile.…This one's gonna be a baseboard, so it'll be…a little bit different than the chair rail we did.…But what we wanna do is a lot of these trims,…we wanna kinda match them together,…so that's what we're gonna do here.…So under Families, let's go New.…Let's scroll down to Profile Hosted.…Let's click Open.…Now in this case, this is going to be our floor…and this is gonna be our wall.…So let's start in with some reference planes.…I'm gonna right-click on this reference plane…and Create Similar.…
On my Draw panel, I use my Pick Lines button,…and I'm gonna give it an offset of one inch.…While I'm my offset command,…let's offset another four inches up, hit Escape.…Let's change our scale to…inch and a half equals a foot.…Let's go up to Manage, let's go to Project Units,…and for our length, let's press zero feet.…Hit OK and OK, now, let's add some dimensions.…So on the Quick Access toolbar,…click on the Dimension button.…
Go from your strong reference to your weak reference.…
Author Eric Wing shows how to model families that help you build exactly what you need for your drawings. Eric investigates profiles such as chair rails, baseboards, doors, cabinets, and shelving, as well as adaptive components. Along the way, he introduces the reference planes, parameters, and formulas necessary to build architectural families on your own.
NOTE: The exercise files included in this course are compatible with Revit 2017 only. We will add 2016-compatible files soon.
- Working with family parameters
- Creating a standard cover
- Creating chair rails, baseboards, and crown moulding profiles
- Working with in-place families
- Creating doors and hardware
- Creating wall cabinets
- Creating interior shelving
- Linking family parameters
- Creating parametric arrays
- Creating massing
- Building adaptive components
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Revit Architecture: Advanced Modelingwith Paul F. Aubin7h 16m Intermediate
3. Wall Cabinets
4. Interior Shelving
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.