Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a CMU elevator shaft, part of Revit 2017: Essential Training for Structure.
- [Voiceover] Since elevator shafts are generally…a structural item, we'll address it here.…So let's model an elevator shaft.…I'm going to jump into Structure 14.…Then under Structural Plans, I'm going to go to Level 1.…I want to put a little shaft right up through here.…So what I'm going to do is I'm going to go…to my Structure tab, and I'm going to click on Wall.…Now in my Type Selector drop-down,…I'm going to scroll down 'til I find Generic 8" Masonry.…I'm going to make sure I set my height.…
And if we get a warning, that's fine.…We can just close out of here.…And instead of Unconnected, I want to go to Penthouse.…Now what I'd like to do is my Location line,…instead of Wall Center Line,…I want to click on Finish Face Interior.…I want to click on my Pick Lines button,…and again, I'm going to switch my height back to Penthouse.…Sometimes when we switch items, this will get altered.…That's fine.…Now what I want to do is my Offset,…I want this to be four feet.…
Now I'm just going to offset these four grids in.…So I'm going to offset this grid down,…
Starting with referencing an architectural model, you'll learn how to add foundations, rebar, and framing; set up views and drawings; model slabs and trusses; and build a whole lot more. This course is designed for members with no Revit experience, or for more advanced users who want to jump to a topic and start from there. Either way, this comprehensive course will teach you what you need to know to be dangerous in Revit structure.
- Linking architecture
- Creating levels
- Creating view templates
- Adding and placing steel columns
- Creating foundations, with footings, piers, pilasters, and slabs
- Designing retaining walls
- Adding beam systems
- Tagging steel framing
- Creating a slab floor
- Cantelivering slab edges
- Reinforcing with rebar
- Adding brace frames
- Creating stairs and ramps
- Detailing and annotating drawings
- Inserting AutoCAD geometry
- Creating schedules
- Adding and attaching trusses
- Plotting and sharing files
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting Up the Project
2. Grids and Columns
4. Steel Framing
5. Floors and Slabs
7. Steel Brace Frames
Adding a brace frame3m 57s
8. Stairs, Ramps, and Slopes
9. Detailing and Annotating
10. Schedules and Tagging
12. Project Management
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.