It's cool how Revit does this. Unless you are designing a building in teh great planes, the ability to create a stepped footing condition is paramount. What this video will instruct you to do is to actually modify the profile of a foundation wall. you will manually create the steps by basically drafting them. Finish teh sketch and voila, your foundations will step down with the wall.
- [Voiceover] Not every foundation system…bears on flat ground.…A lot of times we're building buildings…into the side of a hill.…What I'd like to do is create some step footing conditions.…Under projects, let's go open,…browse to where you're keeping your models,…and let's go to steps.…Let's open it up.…Now the idea here is to edit the profile of a wall,…so I'm gonna go to level one.…I'm gonna go to my south elevation,…so I'm gonna double-click on South.…
Now what I wanna do, is I wanna step this footing down…from about here, I'm gonna put a couple steps in,…and I'm gonna step it back up.…So to do that, what we're gonna do…is we're going to select our wall.…From there, we're gonna click on edit profile.…Now we can start sketching away,…so on my draw panel, I'm gonna click…on my pick lines button.…I'm gonna come in about, maybe about here.…I'm gonna come in 29 foot six.…I'm gonna draw down two feet, I'm gonna come over four feet,…come down two, come over four.…
Maybe I'll come down two feet more,…then hit escape.…Now what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna pick a window around…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.