Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and modify shaft openings, part of Cert Prep: Revit Structure Certified Professional.
- It looks like we need to cut a hold around our stairs.…One way of doing this is to go to each floor…and cut a hole in each level.…Another better way of doing it…is to create a void that follows the profile…of the stairs.…This method is better because any floor…or roof or ceiling that crosses through…will be automatically cut out.…Let's jump into REVIT.…Let's open a project, browse to where…you're keeping your exercise files.…Let's find the file called Shafts.…
Click Open.…As you can clearly see, we have a problem.…Let's go down to level one structural plan.…Let's zoom in on our stairs.…I'm going to select a section and kind of…move it out of the way.…I'm going to put a gap in it…slide it down…hit Escape a few times.…
Under Opening let's go Shaft.…On the Drop panel let's go ahead…and click the Rectangle button.…The first point of my rectangle…I'm going to pick is going to be right here.…The second point I'm going to pick…is going to be right here.…Hit Escape a few times.…Now let's go to our Properties.…
The Base Constraints level one, that's fine.…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.