Join Eric Wing for an in-depth discussion in this video Create and modify ramps, part of Cert Prep: Revit Structure Certified Professional.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look at how to model some ramps.…Under Projects, let's go Open,…browse to where you're keeping your exercise files,…and find the ramps model and click Open.…Once open, we'll go to level one structural plan.…I guess we'll put a ramp right about here.…On the Architecture tab, click the Ramp button.…
For the base level, keep it at level one.…For the top level,…I'd like to have that be level one as well.…For the base onset, let's go minus two foot six.…Click Apply.…Now we're just going to draw it in.…Let's scroll down.…For the width, let's make it six feet.…Now let's pick a spot somewhere along this line.…
Similar to stairs, it's giving us how much we have created…and how much we have remaining,…but unlike the stairs, it's not counting down treads.…So, if we have 30 feet to go,…we might as well come out 15 feet.…Now what we need to do is…if we want the leg to come down in this direction,…hover your mouse over…'til it's alignment with that bottom line…and the farther you go away,…the longer the horizontal landing will be…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.