This is about as automatic as it gets. Column schedules in Revit make me happy. It would make me happier if we were allowed to make more adjustments though. That's fine. This video will have you creating a column schedule to just show steel columns. We will then adjust how it looks and drag it onto a sheet.
- [Voiceover] There's nothing like a good,…accurate column schedule to really make you wanna use Revit.…Let's do just that.…Let's make a column schedule.…Let's go into Projects.…Let's go Open.…Let's find Column Schedule,…and let's click Open.…Now what we need to do, is let's go to the View tab,…let's go to the Schedule drop down,…let's go to Graphical Column Schedule.…Uh oh, Warning.…Some columns in Graphical Column Schedule exceed…the segment's upper/lower bounds.…
You can add levels or adjust the view parameters.…I know what they're talkin' about.…Remember that pier we had to make six feet down?…That's the one they're complaining about.…So I'm gonna close out of this warning,…and let's take care of that right now.…So the first thing I wanna do,…is scroll down to the very bottom,…and get to Material Types.…So click on Edit for Material Types.…Let's just make it so Steel is the only thing showing up.…Let's click OK,…and see how it empties that out completely.…Now let's start from the top and work our way down.…
View Scale can be 1/8" = 1'-0".…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.