Just because we have copied the architects levels into our model, that doesn't mean we have a corresponding view in our Project Browser. This video will illustrate how to create floor plans from existing levels. We will also learn how to set the discipline and the sub discipline to reflect the trade we are working in.
- [Instructor] What I'd like to do in this video…is start setting up floor plans.…We can copy monitor items just fine,…but what happens if they don't show up…in our project browser?…Let's get started by gonna Projects, New.…For the template file, I'll chose Mechanical Template.…Notice that you can browse right here,…and you can grab any of the default templates,…or of course, your company might have you mapped…to your own company's templates.…I'm gonna select Mechanical Default,…and I'm gonna click Open.…
I'm gonna click Okay.…Now, I'm gonna Insert.…I'm gonna link Revit.…I'm gonna browse where I'm keeping my exercise files.…I'm gonna grab my Architectural model.…My position's gonna be Origin to Origin,…and I'm gonna click Open.…I'm gonna go to my south elevation…by double clicking on my elevation target.…I'm gonna find my levels by just selecting my level two,…and I'm gonna drag it out.…I'm gonna type A L for align.…I'm gonna select the 18 foot level two.…
I'm gonna select my level two,…and I'm gonna keep that aligned.…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.