Some walls aren't just one material. Actally most aren't. In this video we will create a custom wall type that features 6" of rigid insulation resting on a concrtete ledge. To do this, we must add the material to the wall type, then we mustr split that material. Lastly we will merge the concrete in to the split section creating our ledge.
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do is create a custom wall.…This will be a foundation wall.…But what I'd like to do is have a two-foot foundation wall…that's bearing six inches of insulation on top of it.…So, under Projects, let's go Open.…I'm gonna go to Custom Walls.…I'm gonna click Open.…Under Structural Plans, I'm gonna go Level 1.…Now under Structure, I'm gonna click Wall.…It's gonna be a basic Foundation wall,…one foot six concrete is the one we used before.…
Let's click Edit Type.…Now let's go Duplicate…and I'd like this to be Foundation two foot zero inches…Concrete with six inch Insulation.…Let's click Okay.…Now for Structure, let's click Edit next to the value.…Let's make sure in our Views we are set to…Section: Modify Type Attributes.…If not, notice Vertical Structure,…we're gonna be using this,…it gets grayed out if you're looking at it in Plan.…
So let's make sure we are set for Section.…Now, what I'm gonna do is…I want to click on the Core Boundary here,…which is number one.…Now I wanna click on Insert.…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.