If you want a structural slab to act as a structural foundation, normally you just use a Structural Foundation: Isolated. If it is an irregular shape, you need to model it as a Structural Foundation: Slab. This video will look at how to configure a floor with structural decking. We will also look at how to cantilever concrete to make our edge details look correct.
- [Voiceover] What I'd like to do in this…video is create a concrete slab.…Under project, let's go open,…let's find our floors model.…Floors and slabs in Revit are interchangeable.…Let's click open,…let's go up to level one structural plan,…let's go to the structure tab, let's click the floor button.…Now, instead of three inch lightweight concrete…on two inch metal deck,…I want to go with six inch concrete.…Now I want to click on edit type right here.…
Now I want to duplicate it,…and I want to call it six inch concrete basement.…And I'm going to click okay,…I just want to click okay here.…Now I want to make sure we extend it into wall core.…What we're going to do is on the draw panel,…I'm going to click on my pick walls button.…Notice that we can pick supports, we can pick lines,…but I want to pick walls right here.…Now I'm going to go to the inside face of my wall,…and I'm going to hit my Tab key once,…and I'm going to pick it.…
So to do that again, I'm just going to hover over this wall,…until it lights it up, to the inside face,…
Once you're finished with this course, you can feel confident taking the Revit Structure 2015 Certified Professional exam.
- Creating and modifying levels
- Importing AutoCAD files
- Linking models
- Modeling columns, walls, floors, beam systems, roofs, stairs, and ramps
- Adding and editing text annotations
- Using dimensions
- Creating schedules and standard sheets
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, modeling, and documentation.
Revit 2017 Essential Training: Architecture (Metric)with Paul F. Aubin11h 55m Appropriate for all
Creating Concrete Buildings with Revit Structurewith Eric Wing1h 56m Intermediate
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.