The built-in Rentable scheme is designed to help calculate leasing areas. Start by creating area plans for several floors of the building, and then customize the graphical display of the created views to facilitate the area creation task.
- [Instructor] In this video I want to begin creating…an area scheme that will help me calculate…the leasing areas for the tenants…in a small commercial office building.…So this small building that I have here on screen…has four levels and I want to generate an area plan…for each of those four levels…using the built-in rentable area scheme.…Now the rentable area scheme is designed…to help us calculate leasing area,…so that's why we're going to use that one…and it's included with the out of the box Revit template.…So to get started on the Architecture tab…I'll go to the Area drop down and choose Area Plan.…
Up here at the top I want to make sure…that the Type says Rentable.…There are two choices, Gross Building and Rentable.…We want to use Rentable this time.…And I want to select levels 1 through 4,…so I'm going to select Level 1, hold down my Shift key,…and select Level 4.…You do not want to select any of the roof levels…or the street level,…we only need area plans for levels 1 through 4.…And we'll click OK.…Now that'll ask me if I want to create area boundary lines…
In this course, Paul F. Aubin explores the creation of area plans and areas, and discusses the workflow that enables them. Using these tools, see how you can group and quantify the spaces within a project, and create detailed and accurate calculations of all important areas. The resulting information can be presented graphically onscreen, printed, scheduled, reported, and exported as necessary to satisfy a variety of project stakeholders—those using Revit and those who don't. If you have found it difficult to capture the intricacies of area calculations in your Revit projects—or have only tried to do so using the room elements—then you owe it to yourself to give area elements a try.
- Getting started with area schemes
- Overview of the area scheme toolset
- Creating a Gross Building area calculation
- Calculating Rentable areas in a commercial building
- Creating Rentable area plans
- Customizing areas and area schemes
- Understanding area rules
- Non-traditional uses for area plans