Using the built-in Gross Building scheme, create your first area scheme to measure the overall gross building footprint of a building. Utilize both automatically created area boundaries and manually added ones.
- [Instructor] If you watched the previous video,…then you recall that we needed at least these three things…to work with an area scheme.…We have to have an area plan,…which will contain area boundary lines…and the area elements.…So, in this video, what I'd like to do…is actually go into Revit and create our first area scheme…and make sure that we understand how…to create each of these three pieces.…And we really need to create them kind of in this order.…So, before we can do boundaries or areas,…we have to actually have the area plan,…and before you can do areas,…you have to have the boundaries,…so it actually does matter what order…you create these parts and pieces in,…so let's go ahead and have a look.…
So I have a really simple building here.…And what we're going to do is take a quick measurement…of the overall gross building area of this building,…like to get a sense of how big its footprint is.…So to do that, we can use…the built-in gross building area scheme.…So if you come over to the architecture tab…on the Room & Area panel,…
In this course, Paul F. Aubin explores the creation of area plans and areas, and discusses the workflow that enables them. Using these tools, see how you can group and quantify the spaces within a project, and create detailed and accurate calculations of all important areas. The resulting information can be presented graphically onscreen, printed, scheduled, reported, and exported as necessary to satisfy a variety of project stakeholders—those using Revit and those who don't. If you have found it difficult to capture the intricacies of area calculations in your Revit projects—or have only tried to do so using the room elements—then you owe it to yourself to give area elements a try.
- Getting started with area schemes
- Overview of the area scheme toolset
- Creating a Gross Building area calculation
- Calculating Rentable areas in a commercial building
- Creating Rentable area plans
- Customizing areas and area schemes
- Understanding area rules
- Non-traditional uses for area plans