This video will focus on dealing with the architects levels. Essentially when we link a model into ours, we need to know how many floors we have, what height they are at, and what they are named. Luckily Revit has a system that allows us to copy the architects levels, and monitor them. So when the architect decides to move a level, Revit will tell us!
- [Instructor] One item certainly to be…on the MEP exam is gonna be copy monitor.…This is a very important part of Revit.…To get started, let's jump into Revit…and let's start a new project.…For the template file, I'll pick on…Mechanical Template again, and I'm gonna click OK.…Now I'm gonna go up to Insert,…and now I'm gonna go up to Link Revit.…I'm gonna browse to where I'm keeping my exercise files,…I'm gonna grab my Architectural.…Now I'm gonna position it Origin to Origin.…Now I'm gonna click Open.…
Here we go.…Of course I'm gonna select it and I'm gonna pin it,…then I'm gonna click on Edit Type.…I'm gonna make sure Room Bounding is turned on.…Click Apply, click OK.…Now in order to copy monitor the levels,…what we need to do is go to an elevation.…So I'm gonna go to my south elevation…by just double-clicking on my arrowhead here, and we're in.…Now get used to the architect having tons of levels.…
We might not need all of these levels.…What we do have however are two levels of our own.…So we'll see the architect has levels…
- Importing AutoCAD files into Revit
- Linking Revit modeling
- Creating floor plans
- Using worksets
- Creating sheets
- Creating new family types
- Adding and modifying ducts, fixtures, piping, plumbing, and more
- Creating plumbing and HVAC plans
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 11/01/2017. What changed?
A: The following topics were updated: collaboration, documentation, elements, modeling, and views.
Apply view templates4m 56s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.